Before you send your products to our warehouse, you need to setup a product catalog in ezyCommerce. Adding products is very simple and can be done by.
Click on your preferred way to add products for step-by-step details.
- Choose the closest matching Product Category
- Enter the Product Name as listed on your website
- Choose a unique Merchant SKU for your product. This can also be your EAN / UPC
- Warehouse will measure & update the Dimension and weight of your product after you send it to us.
Product Category – Chosen from a list of 14 predefined categories. Categories – Electronics, Apparel, Baby, Toys, Home & lifestyle, Kitchen, Sports, Fashion, Shoes, Footwear, Beauty & Health, Travel, Apparel & Accessories and Others
Product Name – A text description of the product. Maximum of 30 characters with free text. You can also use this field to differentiate between similar products like different sizes and colours.
Merchant SKU –A unique identifier for the product, assigned by you. The SKU must be unique across all your products. Maximum of 30 characters, includes alphanumeric, Hyphen (-) and dots (.)
Retail Price – This field will be used to generate reports on your dashboard.
Dimension/Weight – Accurate information will help us plan better. The warehouse team will perform their dimension and weight check when we first receive it. Dimension – Length (longest side) + 2 x Width + 2 x Height should be not more than 300 cm. Length should not exceed 105cm and weight should not exceed 30 kg. These are absolute constraints and any product that doesn’t meet the requirement will be denied/quarantined/disposed.
Declared Value – Need not be same as Retail price. This fields will be used for Enhanced Liability, customs taxes (if exporting) and for other purposes. Maximum value allowed is SGD 20000.
- Enter your Product ID. A barcode of either the Product ID or Merchant SKU must be present on the product for warehouse labelling
- Set an Inventory Alert Level for your product. You will be notified via email / notifications.
- Check if your product is Fragile. The product must still be packed in a such a way it passes the 4-foot drop test.
Product ID – It can be EAN/UPC/JAN/ISBN. You can choose from the list which Product ID you are providing. When you wish the warehouse to label products for you we will look for either the Merchant SKU or the Product ID to identify the products.
Cost Price – Cost of manufacturing or buying the product.
Manufacturer – manufacturer of listed product
Inventory Alert level – When the inventory fulfillable for this product reaches this value you will be notified via ‘Alerts’ and email.
Remarks – Additional information about the product.
Fragile – Irrespective of the product being fragile or not, the packing should be able to pass the standard drop test. Currently the warehouse does not accommodate for fragile products.
- Check Is Exportable if you want to ship internationally
- Provide the fields required for Customs Declaration. This can be changed during order creation.
- Click on Create Product to complete the creation process.
The Customs fields are made editable only after ‘Is Exportable’ box is checked. These information are only required for exporting. The information provided here can be edited during order creation process.If you want the products to be exportable, the ‘Is Exportable’ must be checked even if you wish not to fill the customs information. Otherwise the product will not be allowed for international delivery.
Customers Item Description – A brief/high level description of the product. This will be used by customs officers at customs checking.
HS Code – Also known as HS Code, 6 digit numeric tariff code. It is not mandatory for customs but is highly recommended as it expedites the customs process. You can find the complete list here.
Country of Origin – The Origin Country of the Product
Bulk Uploading Using Spreadsheet
We recommend using this approach to setup your product catalog. If you are already selling on your webstore or on any sales channel, you can export your products and import the data by formatting to our template.
- Click on XLS to download a excel template
- Read through the Guide sheet for instructions on how to fill
- In the Template sheet, copy & paste your data in the corresponding column
- Click on Choose File to browse your completed file. Click on Upload Now.
- At the bottom of the page you can view the Upload Summary which shows the past records and the current status
- The Status will begin with processing and move to one of the three status – Successful, Failed or partially successful. The Result shows the statistics of the upload.
- The successful products will be present in the product catalog. .
Resolving errors in file upload
A validation report will be generated if the file has any errors. This report will contain only those products that had errors (the successful products will be removed from the file). The attribute that has the error will be highlighted for each product along with a comment detailing the error. You can resolve these errors in the same file by editing the cells. Upload the same validation report.
Refer to Resolving Failed Uploads Resolving Failed Uploads